01 January 2009

of boars and cookie-tins



Christmas and New Year's eve have passed in a whirlwind.
I just removed the decorations and brought the last cookie tins back to their cupboard in the basement, where they will faithfully wait until next year. The cookies have neatly lasted till today, so that is a very good thing. No more cookies found in some corner in the beginning of august.^^

How comes that time even seems to accelerate when you do less?

Christmas dinner, as usual, has been great - with my mother's boar roast and the home-made potatoe dumplings earning a special mention. BIG movie magic, as a friend of our swould say. And, as a special treat, my mother had gone through the efforts and had prepared a two-tiered tray of various self-made sweets and brittles for my aunts and my mother-in-law each as a present. That was a great thing, both in look and taste and a really precious gift.

Short, I just want to express my gratitude for having such a lovely family and my luck of being able to spend this time with them.

I hope you're all having such nice times as well, and I wish you all the best of luck, love, happiness, prosperity, inspiration and plain good times for this brand-new year.

Happy 2009, all of you!

No comments: