31 December 2010

one mean, cast-iron bastard

Just a quick update on Christmas week's activities:



Flammkuchen. Thanks to my baking stone, they now come out very close to perfect.



Note to myself: fresh baker's yeast is more active than dired yeast. Much more active.



Currently on my list of things to learn: making croissants from scratch. They already taste gorgeous, but only look good until baked. Need much more training.



This year, Santa brought me a paella pan. One mean, cast-iron bastard of a paella pan, and I couldn't be happier. Recipe coming soon.

To all of you, I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas and the coming year will be full of joy, health and inspiration!

1 comment:

The Hungry Housewives said...

Normally wouldn't post my own blog link but I saw your comment on making croissants so thought I'd share the ones my mom let me document over Christmas. They are soososos good! http://thehungryhousewives.blogspot.com/2011/01/recipes-french-style-croissants-made-in.html
Thanks for blogging!