08 September 2008

Signed, sealed and (hopefully) delivered


Just few moments ago, I signed, sealed and sent off the contract for the guys who are going to do the remodeling for our new kitchen.

I have no idea if I feel scared or relieved or whatever.

It is the first time in my life I will spend such an amount of cash on anything. It is the first time in my life I actually have money to spend on anything beyond short-term needs. But I am so worried I may be spending money on things that aren't really worth it, or that it'll all turn out much more expensive than planned and in the end I'll have to live with a compromise worse than the ramshackle gatherings that make up our kitchen now.

On the other hand, I am so happy that in a few weeks time (with a little luck) I will have a kitchen that has none of those nooks and crannies that dirty up faster than you clean them, and an oven that will actually keep the temperature that you have set, and cubboards that do no longer threaten to fall off the wall at any moment. All of that in pretty colors, easy-to clean surfaces, only one kind of flooring and finally, finally, with more than one wall-socket!

Amazing, isn't it?

Our kitchen is the room in our house we spend the most waking time in. In my eyes, it is the part of the house where it is 'home' the most. Naturally, a change so central to my life scares me and exhilarates me at the same time. I almost crave for the works to begin, or rather, to be already finished.

We'll see. In a way, I am bouncy as a kid before christmas, and I will chronicle all the little wonders and disasters here on nomnom for you to suffer a little with me and for me to have a place to go back and see what a silly twit I have been. ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not surprisingly the fact that we will most probably be without a fridge for several weeks worries me the most... where will we store precious food??? *runs around in circles* no more snackies!! O.o

the wife